Wednesday, July 28, 2010

His and Hers

This is what Paul and God grew this summer, right next to what me and God grew this summer. Though clearly what he grew had way more exposure to the sun than what I grew. Sun exposure or not, they're both beautiful if you ask me.


This baby could be here any day now. I am officially one week away from my due date. There is progress for sure, but not necessarily the progress that says she'll be here tonight, it's the progress that says, Don't worry brain, I've still got this thing under control. Yes, she'll come but don't hold your breath. It's that kind of progress. Which is manageable most days and then other days you about go out of your mind because the "progress" makes you pack the hosiptal bag and then the "progress" leaves you with nothing to do but worry about all the stuff you still don't know. And you think to yourself, I had nine months to prepare for this day, why do I feel like I have no clue what to expect!?! So you do what every rational woman has done, I'm sure, since the dawn of time.

You cry.

Maybe you had days like that? If you didn't than neither do I. I am just saying it wouldn't surprise me if that's how a different woman might react. But not me. I am way above being overwhelmed by something as routine as child birth.



or not...



And that's Josh eating what Paul and God grew.